Hi, my name is Laura Lewis.
I am a Title 1 interventionist teacher here at the Sharon Elementary School.
I started as an educator in 1992. In 1997 began teaching First and Second Grade here at the Sharon Elementary School and taught until June of 2018. Teaching and working with kids has always been my passion! My love for literacy propelled me to leave the classroom and try something new.
My unique position allows me to support the entire building and be a part of all grade level teams. I work with students 1:1 and in small groups both in and out of the classroom. I also tutor students as needed. I love the supportive Sharon community and how families get involved in their student’s learning.
When I’m not working, I love to spend time with my family at our home in Strafford. I have two daughters and have enjoyed watching them grow with my husband. We have a black Lab, Hopper, who loves to come to school and listen to students read. I also enjoy gardening, horseback riding, skiing, walking, hiking, running, quilting, the Red Sox and … reading!
Sharon Elementary School
Phone: 802-763-7425 ex 110
Direct Line: 802-788-8053 Rm 110
Degrees and Certifications:
- Masters of Education from Southern New Hampshire University
- State Certification in Education – New England College, Henniker, NH
- Bachelor’s Degree University of New Hampshire-Bachelor of Science-Nutrition, Minor Education
- VT AOE Professional Educator License HQT Level 2 2020-2025
- LLI Heinemann trained K-2 and 3-6+